Thursday 2 July 2009

Summer in the City




It's hard to believe, but yes, we had more than 20 degrees for well over a week now. One might actually be tempted to call it a trend. The English are so funny, they are forever complaining about their lot in life concerning the "never-ending" rain, however, as soon as there is about 2 seconds of sunshine and it might actually get hot, then they are complaining about the heat and hoping for rain. I find that rather amusing.

I am usually not one for the heat, but for some odd reason I find it rather pleasant this year. Have to admit though that staying in the garden or house is a huge part of it, I don't know how I would feel if I were sat in an office all day and expected to deliver results. The great thing about working from home in the evening is, that you can strip down to your underwear and switch the fan on! Yay for working from home, there must be some advantages to killer long days!

My daughter just wanted to come in from the garden as it was too hot for her... bless her. And she is now contented lounging on the sofa watching some mid-day telly, while I write this post and then do some housework.

No comments:

Post a Comment