Wednesday 1 July 2009

Cat mockery


Last night, my cat Buxton was just mocking me as he was sleeping on our bed, cavorting around, grooming himself, dozing... It was as he if tried to tell me while I worked: Look at me, I've got the life! Oh yes, my boy, you've got the life!

We have three cats. We started off with one cat, Amber, a nutcase of a cat who only ever lived in a flat, when she came to us, we were told she is 9... we think she might have been older. That was 5 years ago.

Then we got Buxton, for my husband it was love at first sight. Buxton loves our elderly neighbour more though and spends most of his time there, we just cannot compete with the freshly cooked chicken, ham, tuna and salmon... Whiskas only here!

Then we got Tiggles, which was love at first sight for me. She is a fluffy ginger cat, the best cat in the world really. She is loyal like a dog, she waits for us in the window if we go out. She knows when you are sad and will sit opposite you and give you this cat look.

I love them all three, they are very different characters and I sincerely hope that in my next life I will be reborn as one of my cats with an "owner" like me.

1 comment:

  1. Lol my mum always says that dogs have masters but cats have servants. Their cats, Magnificat & Benidictus (Maggie & Benny for short!) are so funny. Maggie lords over the house while Benny is like a little school boy causing trouble & getting into mischief!

    ReplyDelete